Have you ever suspected your monthly high electric charges from electricity service providers or your landlord? Is there something wrong with the electricity consumption meter or you have some energy-hungry home appliances? How to accurately measure the electricity usage of your household each month? How to help you save electricity bill?
Here, I provide you with a perfect solution, Sonoff Pow. It’s an amazing KWh calculator that can display almost any electronic device’s instant wattage consumption. It also allows you to view monthly/daily power consumption reports of your home appliance. According to the data, you can determine which are energy-hungry appliances in your home and replace them with energy-saving ones. If you use Sonoff Pow to measure each home appliance’s electricity usage, you’ll know very clearly how much electricity usage your household consumes each month. You’ll never have to worry about being cheated on electric charges by your landlord or electricity service providers.
It not only can be used as a home electricity usage monitor, but also can control your electrical devices remotely. If you forget to turn off your home appliances when you leave home, you can open eWeLink app to check their status and turn off them outside. So to some extent it’ll help you save electricity cost especially when you’re a serious forgetful guy.
The Advantages of Sonoff Pow:
- Accurate measurement of electricity consumption.
- Available to almost any electronic device.
- Easy to use.
- Low cost.
- Remotely control electrical devices by smartphone or tablet.
- Is good for saving electricity bill.
Below is the power consumption of my TV:
How to Use it:
1. Connect the live wire of a power plug to the input live terminal of Sonoff Pow, and connect the neutral wire of the power plug to the neutral terminal of it.
2. connect the live wire of your home appliance to the output live terminal of Sonoff Pow in the way, and then plug the neutral wire of the device to the neutral terminal of it.
3. Download and install eWeLink on your smart phone or tablet.
4. Press and hold the “Set” button of Sonoff POW for a few seconds until the LED indicator fast flashes 3 times.
5. Next, hit the “Add device” button in this APP, and follow the wizard to add the device.
After this device is added successfully. Click the bar to see the electricity usage details.
Also see the following video tutorial: