When you choose our PCB service, we are glad and do hope that you can provide a complete gerber files, otherwise your files will be rejected by our system and this will cause the inconvenience for you to upload again. Thus, we extract one of sections in this starting file – Getting Started in KidCad.pdf to tell you how to export typical 2-layer gerber files from KiCad, please click here to download complete tutorial.
Generate Gerber files (From Section 4)
Once your PCB is complete, you can generate Gerber files for each layer and send them to your favourite PCB manufacturer, who will make the board for you.
1. From kicad, open the PCBNew software tool and load your board file by clicking on the icon .
2. Click on File → Plot. Select 'Gerber' as the 'Plot Format' and select the folder in which to put all Gerber files.
3. These are the layers you need to select for making a typical 2-layer PCB:
4. Proceed by clicking on the 'Plot' button. To view all your Gerber files go to the kicad project manager and click on the 'GerbView' icon. On the drag down menu select 'Layer 1'. Click on File → Load Gerber file or click on the icon . Load all generated Gerber files one at a time. Note how they all get displayed one on top of the other.
5. Use the menu on the right to select/deselect which layer to show. Carefully inspect each layer before sending them for production.
6. To generate the drill file, from PCBNew go again for the File → Plot option. Default settings should be fine.
*If you use the latest KiCard to generate the Gerber file, please make sure the "extended attributes" option is off, more information:https://forum.kicad.info/t/cam350-wont-open-kicad-gerber-files-who-can-help/1548/5