We know there is a demand for such a small simple DDS signal generator , but the performance of SG100x DDS Signal Generator is so unacceptable even at such low price. So we decided to build a new open source DDS generator by ourselves.
We build the IEMP DDS signal generator base on Arduino, it will make it more easy for us to open source the code and for you to update the new firmware. Like the OverLoad, you can use the Foca to update the new code by Arduino IDE.
- Nokia 5110 display, rotary encoder for menu selection, 2 rotary potentiometer for Gain and Bias.
- 1Hz – 10MHz Sine wave ; 1Hz – 1M TTL Square wave ; 1Hz – 500K Triangle wave. Step resolution 10Hz.
- Adjustable signal Vpp , from 100mV(±50mv) to 10V (±5V).
- Adjustable bias voltage, -9V to + 9V.
- Support the input signal FM modulation.
We use the DS203 to save some signal waveform and post it here as a simple preview :
1.5KHz Sine wave – 3V vpp (Actually 3.6V that show on our table oscilloscope)
3MHz Sine wave – 2.28V vpp (Actually 3.4V that show on our table oscilloscope)
6.65M Sine Wave – 1.53V vpp (Actually 2.9V show on our table oscilloscope ). The time scale of DS203 just can reach 0.1us so we can not expand the waveform.
25KHz Square wave – 4.88V vpp (Actually 5V show on our table oscilloscope).
780KHz Square wave – 4.8V vpp. When we try the 1MHz square wave, the DS203 can not catch it…It’s difficult for a 36M pocket oscilloscope to show a 1M square wave completely, although a bit distorted in screenshots of DS203, but in our 100M oscilloscope , this 7M waveform is perfect.
We will soon release the detailed preview of IEMP DDS signal generator, stay tuned.