FTDI FT232RL USB Breakout Board - Foca
- Product Review (submitted on August 30, 2014):
I'm new to XBee's, but am getting there. Yup, the newest V2.2 FOCA has room for improvments.
(1) Move the 3.3/5 volt switch further back... Had to clip height to use PRO module...
(2) Consider adding 0.1 bread board header holes to match XBee pin outs, for breakout dual use...
(3) This FOCA does NOT work with Series 2 XBEE Pro S2B modules. This was a real head scratcher. Had to buy another brand USB FTDI board, and 2 other Series 1 XBee Pro modules to swap test before XTCU would even recognize there was an XBee there.
(4) As I am trying to use PC & UBS FOCA to control small home brew robot, hoping the Itead MBoard works with the Series 2 XBee's...!...? We'll find out.