The StepStick controls/drives one bipolar stepper motor and is commonly used on RepRap (or similar) 3D Printers in conjunction with RAMPS, Sanguinololu or similar controllers. The StepStick is a carrier board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection and is a direct replacement for the Pololu A4988 Stepper Motor Controller. This stepper motor driver can control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 amps output current per coil. Thermal dissipation has been enhanced with our improved board layout, but it is recommended to add a heat sink attached to the A4988 IC to maximize heat dissipation.
Go shopping STEPSTICK MODULE (IM130709004)
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection